- Main Capital invests in Chainfood
- The Main software 50 shows that the Dutch Software sector continuous to perform above average.
- (Nederlands) Softwaresector blijft sterk binnen zwakke economie
- (Nederlands) Main Software 50: succes is geen toeval
- Award Cermony
- Stake Main Capital in SaaS-supplier Regas
- (Nederlands) Terugblik succesvolle editie Main Insight Event 2013
- (Nederlands) Succes met software in kaart
- (Nederlands) 50 softwaretoppers uit Nederland
- Main Capital II realizes successful exit of IASO to international software company GFI
Importance of software to the Netherlands
The Dutch software industry is a very important sector within the Dutch economy with yearly revenues of approximately € 25bn (app. 3 % of GDP), which is realized by almost 25.000 companies that in total employ over 200.000 people.
The software market is characterized by the presence of a few very large players, but the majority of the market consists of SME companies who use their innovative solutions to respond to worldwide trends, such as improving efficiency and productivity of global businesses, climate change, aging population and the further digitalization of our society.
Internationally, The Netherlands has a leading position in several sub-sectors of the software market. Examples of these segments are software for real-time monitoring of water management and risk and compliance solutions for the financial services industry.
For more than 3 decades, worldwide growth of the software sector has been on average 11% per annum. Even in the difficult year 2011, the software market grew worldwide with 8%. Research has shown that the software industry typically has a growth rate of 3-4% above the overall market growth (Gartner, 2011). In 2012 the worldwide Enterprise software market is expected to grow 4,5% to a total of $ 120bn. A large number of sub-segments within the software industry are experiencing far greater growth rates. An example thereof is on-demand Business Intelligence software, which will grow more than 30% in the coming years (Gartner, IDC).
The software industry is booming and is one of the cornerstones of the Dutch economy. Unfortunately, the importance of this great sector is not always recognized in the Netherlands. For instance software not been recognized by the Dutch government as one of the nine top sectors of the Dutch economy.
With this new Main Software 50 initiative more visibility is provided to the 50 most successful Dutch software companies. And moreover also the software industry as a whole will gain more profile!